The name is derived from Twyford, or Two-ford town, from the situation between two fords, the Exe and the Lowman, upon which bridges have long been erected; the Exe rises a little above Tiverton, upon Exmoor, and after a course of about 30 miles, fails into the sea at Exmouth.
Tiverton was incorporated by James the First, in 1615, and the government of the town vested in a mayor, twelve capital burgesses, and twelve assistant burgesses, to be chosen out of the most discreet and honest inhabitants of the town and parish.
Provides a reference to order copies of death certificates from the national registrar of births, marriages and deaths – the General Register Office.
An index to and digital images of records that detail 40 million civilians in England and Wales. Congregational, Chapel street, Elmore; 2.30 & 6.30; Mon.
This page lists all of the 2,567 papers published in our Transactions from 1863 to date.
Note that Section Reports and other material are not included.
Contains many details on European gentry & nobility, but covers many countries outside Europe and people from all walks of life.